On a monthly basis, Westfield Middle School honors one student at each grade level as the Student of the Month. Teachers and staff had the opportunity to nominate one student who they believed met the following criteria:
1. Follows Westfield's Rules of Respect for staff and peers
2. Shows outstanding effort and improvement or shows achievement and consistent high scores on tests, quizzes and projects
3. Prepared daily to participate in all classes
4. Serves as a positive role model for peers
5. Demonstrates a positive attitude and good citizenship
Three students were selected as a Student of the Month for the month of December.
The 6th grade recipient is Bradley Belmondo. In school Bradley enjoys all of his classes, and is especially fond of band and the fun he has in the band room. In his spare time he enjoys playing music on the trumpet and piano, and listening to music. In the future Bradley hopes to go to college and focus on music and technology.
Austin Bourgeois received this honor for the 7th grade. In school he enjoys his science, social studies and physical education classes. As a hobby Austin enjoys playing sports. In the future he hopes to do well in school and go to a good college.
At the 8th grade level Tom Ackendorf received this honor. In school he enjoys his science class. Outside of the classroom Tom enjoys playing football and is a member of the Goldenhawks team. In the future he hopes to finish high school and attend college.
The Westfield School and community offer their congratulations to these outstanding students.