Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS

County Clerk kicks off Return The Favor military veterans’ discount program

January 2, 2013
Westfield Republican / Mayville Sentinel News

MAYVILLE - Chautauqua County Clerk Sandy Sopak is proud to roll out the new Return The Favor program, which provides a photo identification card, free of charge, certifying that the individual is an honorably discharged veteran and has filed their original discharge paperwork with the Chautauqua County Clerk's office. The card will then be able to be used at participating area businesses that have agreed to offer a discount or benefit to the veteran who presents the card.

"This is a wonderful program for our military veterans," Sopak said. "This is a great way for our community to say 'thank you for your service and sacrifice' by offering them discounts and benefits from area businesses."

Veterans may enroll in the program by contacting Deputy County Clerk Tracie Kaminski Haskin at 753-4977 to make an appointment.

Article Photos

Submitted photo
Kicking off the Return The Favor discount program for military veterans and showing off their new Return The Favor cards are, from left to right: Chautauqua County Director of Veterans Services Doug Diers; Chautauqua County Clerk Sandy Sopak; Veterans Services Officer Jim Hurley; Chautauqua County Deputy Clerk Tracie Kaminski Haskin; and Veterans Services Officer Mike Rauh.

"All the veteran needs is to have his or her DD214 military discharge papers on file with our office," Haskin said. "If they're not already filed, they can bring them to the appointment and we'll file them then, take their picture and provide them with the Return The Favor card all in one visit. We currently have just under 40 businesses who have agreed to offer a discount, but we're still looking for more."

A list of participating businesses is available on the county clerk's website,

Businesses wishing to become a partnering sponsor may visit the county clerk's website for complete information and a merchant partner agreement form or contact the deputy county clerk. Information is also available on the Chautauqua County Clerk Facebook page.

Veterans who have lost their discharge papers may contact the Chautauqua County Veterans Services Agency at 661-8255 in Jamestown or 363-3842 in Dunkirk for assistance in obtaining a duplicate copy.



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web