MAYVILLE - For the second time in a few weeks, the county Health Department has had to shut down swimming at a public beach.
On Monday, Lakeside Park beach in Mayville was closed because of blue-green algae. Blue-green algae forms thick mats on the water surface resembling paint and can range in color from gray to various shades of yellow, green, blue or brown. Blue-green algal blooms can be a problem because they can release a toxin, which at high levels is harmful to humans and animals if ingested.
To read the entire article, visit www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/608545/Mayville-Beach-Closed.html?nav=5192.