Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Ex-NFLer Douglas pleads no contest, avoids jail

February 10, 2014
Associated Press

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Former pro football player Hugh Douglas has pleaded no contest and avoided jail in a Connecticut case alleging he assaulted his girlfriend at a Hartford hotel.

The former defensive end for the New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles and Jacksonville Jaguars pleaded no contest Monday in Hartford Superior Court to a misdemeanor breach of peace charge.

He received a suspended sentence of six months in prison. He had been charged with felony assault and strangulation.

Police allege the 42-year-old Douglas grabbed his girlfriend by the neck and slammed her against the hotel walls last September.

A defense lawyer said the girlfriend changed her story. A prosecutor said it was a difficult case because it came down to Douglas' word against his girlfriend's.

Douglas, who lives in Bryn Mawr, Pa., played in the NFL from 1995 to 2004.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web